Plied knowledge from the week that was…
At the store:
- Even with a holiday at the beginning, we managed to pack a lot into the week. Starting with the most important, Unicorn Scissors are back in stock!
- Hazel Knits, Quince & Co. and Brooklyn Tweed all made deliveries replenishing our supplies of fiber goodness...
- Strange Brew is back in stock! This wonderful book from Tin Can Knits has been as hard to keep in stock as the unicorn scissors...
- The newest Knitscene Magazine came in this week if you are looking for some inspiration...
- Whether you are in on the Midwinter Moon MKAL or not the new yarn ball moon pins from Larissa Brown are a fabulous addition to any enamel pin collection!
Around the web:
- New Year's is just around the corner, are you party ready? For those hosting and feeling crafty, trade up your holiday wreath for a disco ready one...
- Whether hosting others or just an evening in, here's a wonderful celebratory appetizer of champagne berries to kick start the night.
- The New Year often brings resolutions. If your include exercise, this video can be either inspiration or a reality check on how hard it is to get super hero ready... And as a follow up, a real world post on Why I Run by Jenny Rosenstrach from the Cup of Joe blog.
- If you are at a point where you need a laugh from the year that was, here is a compilation of some of the best news bloopers from 2018.
- Pop Culture from 2018 did give us some wonderful things! NPR's Linda Holmes runs down her Top 50.
- And finally, as we head into 2019 here is some inspiration for friendship goals from Penny Marshall and Carrie Fisher.
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- Looking to get out of your house for some live music? Portland Monthly has a list of the best New Year's Concerts in the area...
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the shop: NEW YARN!!! This time we are excited to welcome Akara Yarns! We are...Read More
Despite the period in the name, we can't help but resort to exclamation marks when a new box of Twine. arrives! This...Read More