Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- First of all, a giant THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for the yarn crawl! We enjoyed seeing everyone's fabulous color choices on their Mystery Knit Alongs, in addition to all of the other amazing knitwear on display. We hope you all had as much fun as we did. Remember to redeem your Ravelry codes for all those free-with purchase featured patterns!!!!
- Prizes! All six of our shop's prize winners were contacted on Tuesday. It is always a joy to see the happy faces when prizes are picked up. Thanks again to everyone who visited us and signed in during the yarn crawl!
- Kits! we have a few kits left for our store patterns - both knit and crochet - and they are all online as well. They're both gorgeous!
- As the week after the epic Rose City Yarn Crawl, it has been a fairly quiet one at the store. We were busy putting everything back in its place - you will all be happy to know our beloved green couch is once again available for any and all fiber crafts. <3
- Worried about COVID-19? We are, too. Read our blog post about it here.
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes...
Around the web:
- Are you sick of singing Happy Birthday twice as you wash your hands? Here is a list of other songs that will get you through the recommended wash time.
- Mason Jars. They are a ubiquitous DIY staple in Portland, as most places. So we were delighted to just learn a new trick for them. Did you know small-mouth jars fit on most blenders? SMOOTHIE GAMECHANGER.
- We were so busy crawling we forgot to enjoy International Women's Day. To make up for it, we give you this wonderful article from the BBC on seven female scientists you might not have heard of yet...
- Need a shot of pure joy? How about a video of Julia Child teaching Mr. Rogers how to make spaghetti?
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- It's Portland Dining Month! You have until the end of March to enjoy 3 courses for $33 at many local restaurants...
- Sadly, thanks to COVID-19 and new restrictions, what we have for the locals is a list of events that have been canceled and/or postponed. Be safe, wash your hands and call your elderly or immunocompromised friends instead of visiting!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!