Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- We received a wonderful new shipment of Black Cat yarn! If you are looking for yarn with rich and striking colors, look no further than their Etain sock and Essential DK yarn...
- Wrist rulers showed up and we should be fully back in stock!
- If you have a soft spot for silk blend yarn, take a moment and check out our new shipment of Blissful Knits Platinum Sock yarn. So soft, so pretty!
- If you are a magazine fan, there are 4 new issues coming out soon you can preorder NOW!
- Laine- Nordic Knit Life Issue 8
- Amirisu Issue 18- Summer 2019
- By Hand Number 9, Nova Scotia
- Pom Pom Quarterly Issue 29- Summer 2019
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- We often bemoan the use of electric scooters in cities but here is an interesting look at how micro mobility will transform cities...
- Although it has been said that only boring people get bored, there are many that believe in the benefits of boredom...
- NPR just announced the winners of their first Student Podcast Challenge! This wonderful group of 8th grade girls from the Bronx won with their frank discussion of periods and we think that's fabulous!
- Summer is coming and that means not only canning season is near, but we find a million other uses for the lowly mason jar. If you haven't seen all you can do with that classic yet, we offer Masonjar Lifestyle for all of your hipster needs...
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- Michael Pollan is in town this weekend!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the shop: The newest issue of By Hand magazine is out! This time they focus o...Read More
The wildfires devastating the west coast right now are creating an unfathomable number of people and groups in need o...Read More