Laine - Nordic Knit Life, Issue 8
Laine - Nordic Knit Life, Issue 8
Books, magazines, and patterns are final sale
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Issue eight, Kelo, includes:
- 140 pages
- 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin.
- an interview with Susan Crawford
- a long-format story about Ocean Rose.
- my story by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain'amourée
- a column by Jeanette Sloan (Jeanette will continue as our columnist in the future, as well)
- seasonal recipes
- a travel guide to our dear hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
- HONEYDEW, sweater Justyna Lorkowska Yarns: Cashmerino by Martin’s Lab (colourway: Wheat) and Silky Mohair by Martin’s Lab (colourway: Wheat)
- GEORGIE, sweater Libby Jonson Yarn: Bohemia Sport by Outlaw Yarn (colourway: Fog)
- GRACE, sweater Denise Bayron Yarn: Puffin by Quince & Co. (colourway: Egret)
- PASVIK, shawl Julie Dubreux Yarn: Gilliatt by De Rerum Natura (colourway: Poivre et Sal)
- HEATHER, socks Ash Alberg Yarn: Natural Sock by Woolly Mammoth Fibre Co. (colourway: Peony Mauve)
- UOMA, sweater Leeni Hoimela Yarn: Leizu Fingering Simple by Julie Asselin (colourway: Fleurs Pressées)
- FLOWER BUDS, top Astrid Troland Yarns: Le Petit Lambswool by Biches et Bûches (colourway: Beige) and Alpaca 1 by Isager (colourway: 61)
- WATERLILY, cardigan Sus Gepard Yarns: Wild Wool Silk by Gepard Garn (colouway: 810) and Kid Seta by Gepard Garn (colourway: 812)
- CIMES, sweater Éveline Cantin-Bergeron Yarn: DK Twist by Madelinetosh (colourway: Cactus)
- ROSEBAY, scarf Jenny Sauselein Yarn: Loft by Brooklyn Tweed (colourway: Postcard).
- LAKKA, cardigan Marjorie Martin Yarn: British Gotland DK by The Little Grey Sheep (colourway: Naturally)
All the books and magazines we sell are new. Upon receipt, we inspect them for misprints and damage, then sort them into the following categories in an effort to give you as much information as possible and make sure you're satisfied with your purchase! Regardless of the condition, we'll do our best to package your media item securely so it arrives to you in good shape. Shipping can be a tough journey, though, so we can never guarantee a book will arrive absolutely as crisp as the day it was printed.
- Practically Perfect - as far as we can see, these are as pristine as reasonably possible. If no condition is listed, it's this one!
- Minor Cosmetic Damage - these have very small, purely cosmetic issues that many people may not even notice. Honestly, they're on par with an average new book or magazine in a bookstore. Examples: bent corner or a small nick in the cover.
- Moderate Cosmetic Damage - these have more noticeable cosmetic issues but are still overall attractive and completely functional. Examples: a misprinted smudge on the cover or more extensive corner damage.
- Major Cosmetic Damage - these have been through the wringer. As far as we can tell they're perfectly functional with all pages intact, but they look more like a well-loved used book might in a bookstore. Examples: cracked spine or torn cover.