Laine - Nordic Knit Life, Issue 8
Laine - Nordic Knit Life, Issue 8
Books, magazines, and patterns are final sale
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. We cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life. Our intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
Issue eight, Kelo, includes:
- 140 pages
- 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin.
- an interview with Susan Crawford
- a long-format story about Ocean Rose.
- my story by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain'amourée
- a column by Jeanette Sloan (Jeanette will continue as our columnist in the future, as well)
- seasonal recipes
- a travel guide to our dear hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
- HONEYDEW, sweater Justyna Lorkowska Yarns: Cashmerino by Martin’s Lab (colourway: Wheat) and Silky Mohair by Martin’s Lab (colourway: Wheat)
- GEORGIE, sweater Libby Jonson Yarn: Bohemia Sport by Outlaw Yarn (colourway: Fog)
- GRACE, sweater Denise Bayron Yarn: Puffin by Quince & Co. (colourway: Egret)
- PASVIK, shawl Julie Dubreux Yarn: Gilliatt by De Rerum Natura (colourway: Poivre et Sal)
- HEATHER, socks Ash Alberg Yarn: Natural Sock by Woolly Mammoth Fibre Co. (colourway: Peony Mauve)
- UOMA, sweater Leeni Hoimela Yarn: Leizu Fingering Simple by Julie Asselin (colourway: Fleurs Pressées)
- FLOWER BUDS, top Astrid Troland Yarns: Le Petit Lambswool by Biches et Bûches (colourway: Beige) and Alpaca 1 by Isager (colourway: 61)
- WATERLILY, cardigan Sus Gepard Yarns: Wild Wool Silk by Gepard Garn (colouway: 810) and Kid Seta by Gepard Garn (colourway: 812)
- CIMES, sweater Éveline Cantin-Bergeron Yarn: DK Twist by Madelinetosh (colourway: Cactus)
- ROSEBAY, scarf Jenny Sauselein Yarn: Loft by Brooklyn Tweed (colourway: Postcard).
- LAKKA, cardigan Marjorie Martin Yarn: British Gotland DK by The Little Grey Sheep (colourway: Naturally)
All the books and magazines we sell are new. Upon receipt, we inspect them for misprints and damage, then sort them into the following categories in an effort to give you as much information as possible and make sure you're satisfied with your purchase! Regardless of the condition, we'll do our best to package your media item securely so it arrives to you in good shape. Shipping can be a tough journey, though, so we cannot guarantee a book will arrive crisp as the day it was printed.
If you have specific requirements for your book's condition leave us a note at checkout. For example, if ANY minor, normal blemishes are unacceptable, tell us that and what to do next. We can email you photos or refund you if no copies we have in stock meet your needs.
- Normal - If no condition is listed, it's this one! As far as we can see, these are in normal, good condition for a new book. Please note that most of these books have been shipped all over the world, so they could have very minor, purely cosmetic blemishes. They're comparable to a new book or magazine you'd find in a bookstore. Examples: slightly scuffed corner, very small bent corner, or a small nick in the cover.
- Cosmetic Damage - These have noticeable cosmetic issues but are still completely functional. We will list the damage and upload photos to show the issue if necessary. Examples of minor damage: a smudge on the cover or crushed corner. Examples of moderate damage: cracked spine or torn cover.