Finding a pattern - some people love the hunt and others will wing it to avoid the whole process! We have rounded up some of our favorite go-to patterns for projects that work time and time again to help those in need of their next great knit.
Cowls and Scarves
- GAP-tastic Cowl - Bulky yarn and an easy stitch make this the perfect next project for those who feel they are still learning to knit.
- Easy Folded Poncho - It's not bulky yarn, but it is an easy and satisfying knit that magically turns into a garment.
- Knit Night Shawl - Twistedista Maria loves this one...
- The Big Easy - Not only a great pattern for those who have just learned to knit, it's a great hat period!
- Lucerne - Want to dive into colorwork? This is a beautiful 2-4 color hat with a very thorough, well-written pattern anyone can follow.
- Sockhead Slouch Hat - Looking for something to show of your favorite variegated yarn? This is definitely it.
- Triangle Texture Hat - Ready for a hat with a few different stitch patterns?
- Simple Squares Baby Blanket - This simple and elegant pattern uses worsted weight yarn so it knits up quickly.
- Teeny-Tiny Knit Mitts - Another quick project that uses up inevitable scrap yarn...
- Baby Sock Minders - Want to learn cables on a small project AND need a quick baby gift for a friend?
- Turkish Bed Socks with Modifications For No Seams - A favorite of Twistedista Dawn and a great introduction to socks.
- Late Night Socks - Free pattern of a great basic sock with 3 variations!
- Sugar and Ice Mitts - A great fingerless glove in a DK weight.
- Fetching Fingerless Gloves - Another great first cabling project.
Another great resource is to look at our Knit 12 Together Knitalong page. We pick projects that aim to embrace all skill levels and can be accomplished in a month or less.
Good luck finding your next project! As we like to say at the shop: "Cast-on-itis. It's real. It's okay!"