Friday! All day, once a week…
At the store:
- Twisted's Holiday Party is tonight! Come and join us for prizes, liminted edition yarn, tasty treats, live music, stitch marker making, a photo booth, and all around fiber fun!
- New Yarn!!!! Fairy Floss from Knitted Wit is up in the store and soon online as well. Looking for a variegated mohair? Look no further...
- WRIST RULERS!!! Back in stock in time to be the perfect stocking stuffers!
- We had a massive shipment of Brooklyn Tweed land and it included lots of their hot in demand Peerie. Look quickly before it all disappears...
- Also restocked for your holiday knitting needs, Malabrigo Worsted! Hazel Knits Lively DK! Notions - especially POM POM MAKERS.
- Strange Brew by Tin Can Knits is back in the house. If you haven't seen it, take a look at this lovely book of sweater patterns that are totally customizable!
- Holiday music is in full swing at the moment and here at the shop, the style you hear depends greatly on who is working...
- "All I Want for Christmas Is You"? Fiona.
- "Zat You Santa Claus"? That's definitely Anna.
- "What Are You Doing New Years Eve"? Cardner!
- "Father Christmas" by the Kink? You know it's Marissa behind the counter.
- Can you tell Anny is one of the non-holiday-music-lovers? Her choice- "I won't be home for Christmas" by Blink 182.
- It's a "White Christmas" for the biggest heart on earth, Cheri.
- For Maria, Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s "Carol of the Bells".
- Parna? She sides with Anny as a non-holiday-music-lover.
- Dawn? The "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy" duet by the mostly unlikely couple of David Bowie and Bing Crosby.
- And our esteemed leader Emily? The old classic of "Sleigh Ride". As a once upon a time French Horn player, she has fond memories of playing this with her high school band.
- Need more? NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast has 2 fabulous episodes dedicated the songs of the season found here and here.
Around the web:
- Sick of Elf On The Shelf? There is an alternative! To the weary parents out there the internet gives you Shiraz on the Shelf...
- Sick of the holidays and need a palette cleanser for the season? The internet has your back on this, too. Flemish Superheroes for the win!
And totally, completely, unapologetically FOR ALL:
- Pair your holiday light viewing with one of Mother Nature's versions. Take a break for a few minutes this weekend and look up outside - meteor showers abound!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the store: Our Memorial Day Weekend Clearance Sale is ON NOW with 25% off a r...Read More
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the store: We received a wonderful new shipment of Black Cat yarn! If you are...Read More