Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- Knit 12 Together was Monday! It's never too late to join in and the legwarmer project - Great Gams by Twistedista Anna- is on point for the current weather forecast for Portland much of the rest of the country... New this month, an Instagram Giveaway! Check out our events page for details. And for those who joined us in the store hoping for a recipe, here's your chance to make your own Chocolate Babka.
- NEW YARN! Quince & Co. has rolled out a new worsted weight base, Crane, that is the big brother of lace-weight Piper. It is 50% Texas super kid mohair, 50% Texas superfine merino and 100% squishy, soft GOODNESS! Though we can't sell directly online you are always welcome to call or come in!
- New color ways! Knitted Wit dropped off a little of this and a little of that along with a giant pile of Smarties. In the mix is a smattering of new colors in Fairy Floss and Victory Sock- can you spot them in the crowd?
- The A Sense of Place Trunk Show is currently out in the store and it is lovely! Stop in and see these lovely pieces in the wild...
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
- Pre orders galore are here for spring magazines - Laine 7, Pom Pom 28, and the upcoming gook Madder Anthology 3.
- We also have pre orders live for Rose City Yarn Crawl tote bags and enamel pins!
Around the web:
- Valentine's Day is coming and the internet is here for you!
- If you are looking for a DIY classroom handout, Design Mom has a great one with non-candy alternatives.
- Setting For Four has a lovely Knit Cup Holder pattern for that special someone (especially if it's you!).
- Prefer to crochet? Here's a cute Heart Coaster Pattern sure to win the day!
- Prefer a quick sewing project? Mama Bee has a list of tutorials for you...
- Searching for something to bake/eat/drink? Food and Wine has a wonderful round-up of some of their best recipes and ideas.
- And if you are looking for music for your special night, here is one to replicate your favorite hot new restaurant and one for definitely being home...
- Beyond the hilarious memes, want to know **why** Adam Levine's Super Bowl shirt looks like your curtains/couch/pillows? This Vox article called a textiles expert to learn more...
- Have you seen Purl? The new animated short from Pixar?
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- February in Portland is a wonderful time for festivals! Going all month long you will find 2 excellent events to attend to get you out of the house.
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
There are few things more frustrating than seeing knitwear you love start to show wear and pill. Luckily there are so...Read More
If you have been paying attention to our social media lately you will notice we are currently obsessed with dishcloth...Read More