Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- New, limited edition colors launched in Brooklyn Tweed Arbor! Azalea and Viridian are bright and summery, and we're in love. From the most-pink-loving (Cheri) to the least-pink-loving (Emily), all the Twistedistas caught themselves daydreaming about a hat in Azalea... Did you make it on Wednesday night for the special yarn tasting hosted by some of our friends from BT? If not, we still have some balls out to test drive. We stocked up on these fun colors, but will only have them for as long as our supply lasts. So if you are in love, strike while the iron is hot!
- Our latest trunk show is also from Brooklyn Tweed. The Men 1 show pulls from a decade of great BT patterns for men. Visit us now through August 4th to see these patterns in the wild and try them on.
- We have also been hard at work refreshing samples lately. Some of the newest to the shop at the moment include:
- Macrophylla in Malabrigo Sursurro
- The Owen Hat in Knitted Wit Double Bubbles
- Let Petit Sac in Quince & Co. Sparrow
- Crocheted Cashmere Scarf in Jojoland Consonance
- Hot Mess Headband in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter
- Did you know we have a lovely supply of enamel pins? Not only our own Twisted pins, but also ones like the cutest sheep in a sweater, too. Matter of fact, you can still get a Rose City Yarn Crawl 2019 pin!
- Finally, it's summertime and longtime customers aleady know what that means... Time to optimize the arrangement of the store! Nothing too major this year - Don't Panic... Crafty things (embroidery, macrame, needle felting, weaving) are now partying all together back by the notions and patterns. Blocking supplies moved more front and center - because blocking is very very very important! (PSA: remember to always block your swatches!)
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- Summertime is popsicle time! We found this site that not only has 10 different popsicles with tips on making them boozy and adult-only, as well...
- We are still in berry season in the Pacific Northwest and this galette recipe will rarely let you down...
- On the subject of food, German researchers are trying to find out why soft pretzels smell so good...
- And as for the knitting world, this rad dad turned his baby's sleep data into a baby blanket design through the power of coding!
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- It's another busy summer weekend for Portlanders... First up, is the Highland Games held at Mt Hood Community College. Come for the piping, stay for the Kilted Mile...
- Next is the Cathedral Park Jazz Festival! 39 years and running.
- And finally, for all the cyclists it's time for the Outer NE Sunday Parkways.
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!