Zoom Class | Deep End Hat: Brioche Increases and Decreases - from Michele Lee Bernstein
So you’ve mastered two-color brioche rib. What next? Increases and decreases with the Deep End Hat! You’ll learn most of the increases and decreases on the first patterning round, and then have lots of relaxing brioche rib before the next increases and decreases. We will learn and practice double and quadruple increases, left- and right-leaning double decreases, and get an introduction to quadruple decreases. We’ll also learn more about reading your brioche knitting and fixing more mistakes.
This class is held virtually via Zoom, a popular video conferencing service. Participants should already have a basic familiarity with Zoom prior to class. Class will be held at the indicated date and time (Pacific Time) for 2 hours. 3 students min, 12 students max.
After you complete your purchase of this class, you'll be prompted to download a class packet pdf containing more details, including:
- a Zoom link to join the class at the indicated date and time
- a homework assignment to complete before class
- the Deep End hat pattern by Michele Lee Bernstein, as well as a special url to download it at no additional charge from Ravelry so it is stored in your Ravelry library if you wish
In addition to the download button on the order confirmation screen, you'll also receive an email with this information. If you don't see it, please check your spam folder.
Intermediate. You should already know how to: knit/purl; cast on/bind off; work in the round; and work 2-color brioche rib. This is not a beginning brioche class. Michele's class Petite Brioche is a great introduction to brioche knitting that we recommend taking first if you haven't done brioche before.
You need to purchase or have:
- two contrasting colors of Malabrigo Rios or other worsted weight yarn, one light and one dark, 100 yards each
- 16" US 6/4 mm circular needle
- stitch markers
row counter (optional)
Your class fee includes:
- The Deep End Hat pattern is included in your class packet. You need to print it or download it on a device that is separate from your Zoom device, so you can refer to it during class.
Cast on and work through the four set-up rounds for the Deep End Hat as indicated in pattern (included in your class packet pdf). It will take most people less than one hour to knit. You must have this homework completed beforehand in order to fully participate and learn during class.
About Your Teacher
Michele Lee Bernstein, PDXKnitterati, loves designing accessories, especially if they use one or two skeins of very special yarn. She's fond of texture (brioche, lace, entrelac, elongated stitches) and using interesting techniques to make small objects sing. Her patterns are available through Ravelry.com and Payhip.com. She loves teaching knitters to be the boss of their knitting and does so at local yarn shops in Oregon, fiber festivals including Vogue Knitting Live, and guild retreats. She taught at Twisted forever, before we went online only! Find her on Instagram, Facebook, Ravelry, and Twitter as PDXKnitterati. Her website is https://pdxknitterati.com/
- We request that students already be comfortable using Zoom. Because every device is different, teachers are not able to provide much in the way of tech support.
- Because teachers are planning their schedules around booked lessons, we need at least 72 hours (3 days) notice for cancellation. Given at least 72 hours' notice, we can refund you in the form of store credit. If you provide less than 72 hours' notice or don't call into your appointment at all, you will not be refunded.
- Your teacher, like so many of us, is working from home during this wild time. There is always a possibility that technology or kids or pets or neighbors or who-knows-what could briefly interrupt your Zoom lesson. If that happens, know we appreciate your patience and understanding!
Do you want to attend a Twisted class but live on a fixed income?
Thanks to the generosity of some of our designers, teachers, staff, and customers we have a small scholarship fund to offer free class tuition to friends who couldn't afford it otherwise. We can only offer one scholarship spot per group class; it's on the honor system; first-come-first-served. Interested? Send us an email with what class you're interested in.
Do you want to contribute to our scholarship fund?
If you'd like to make a donation, add the donation item your cart and checkout. You can also "pay" for this donation item by redeeming your Twisted loyalty points - see instructions in the donation product details.