Class - Finishing: Saturday, October 13 from 10:30 - 1:30pm; with Parna Description
Learn the finishing skills that give your projects a refined look. See list of techniques below and suggest additions.
Please read our class policies and cancellation information before registering.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Skill Required: Students should already be familiar with long tail or knitted cast on, knit and purl stitches, common increases and decreases, knitting in the round, and following a pattern.
Skills Learned: Kitchener stitch (grafting), mattress stitch, 3 needle bind off, invisible horizontal seam, binding off, picking up stitches, blocking, how to weave in ends and others as requested.
Homework: Please bring SIX swatches (4” x 4” minimum finished size) as follows:
- 2 entirely in garter stitch (knit every row), NOT bound off (that means with live stitches on one end)
- 2 entirely in stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row), NOT bound off (live stitches on one end)
- 2 entirely in stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row), bound off
Students who do not complete the homework will not be able to practice all the skills covered in the class, but can observe demonstration and their classmates.
Materials: Either bring your own or before/during class get 20% off your purchase of the following:
- Yarn: In addition to the homework (see above), please bring additional scrap yarn of your choice.
- Needles: double-pointed needles that match the weight of your scrap yarn, AND needles for knitting flat (either straight or circular are fine).
- Notions: tapestry needle, scissors, and pen & paper to take notes, if desired.
- Pattern: n/a