Calliope's Wings Crochet Shawl Kit - RCYC 2020 - from Twisted
This airy triangular crocheted shawl features lush texture and delicate scalloped edging. It is inspired by the Calliope Hummingbird, in turn named for the wisest Greek muse. Notable as the smallest birds in North America, their glossy green and iridescent magenta feathers encourage bold color choices when crocheting your own wings. The Audubon Society predicts that climate change will largely push Calliopes out of their summer nesting habitat in Oregon’s high mountain meadows by 2080.
shawl images © Rose City Yarn Crawl * Hummingbird photo: Richard Pick/Audubon Photography Awards. Learn more about the Calliope Hummingbird at the Audobon Society
- Ravelry download of the Calliope's Wings crochet pattern by Malaika Gabriel. Enter your Ravelry name above if you have one - otherwise we'll use the email address you use to checkout.
- 1 full-color, double-sided, printed copy of the pattern in a clear plastic sleeve
- 1-Color Wrap: 2 skeins, 1 each in 2 different colors
- 2-Color Wrap: 2 skeins of the same color
- Packaged in a cute Twisted logo drawstring cotton project bag.
- This reusable packaging is good for you and the environment!
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
PICK YOUR YARN
PICK YOUR COLORS
This crocheted shawl looks great in either one or two colors!
The Calliope's Wings pattern is also available separately on Ravelry for $6.