Twisted Classes Finishing: Saturday, December 14 from 1:30 - 4:30pm
Learn the finishing skills that give your projects a refined look. See list of techniques below and suggest additions.
All classes are intended for adults (roughly high school and up) unless otherwise noted. Please read our class policies and cancellation information before registering and contact us if you have any questions!
Students should already be familiar with long tail or knitted cast on, knit and purl stitches, common increases and decreases, knitting in the round, and following a pattern.
Kitchener stitch (grafting), mattress stitch, 3 needle bind off, invisible horizontal seam, binding off, picking up stitches, blocking, how to weave in ends and others as requested.
Please bring SIX swatches (4” x 4” minimum finished size) as follows:
- 2 entirely in garter stitch (knit every row), NOT bound off (that means with live stitches on one end)
- 2 entirely in stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row), NOT bound off (live stitches on one end)
- 2 entirely in stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row), bound off
Students who do not complete the homework will not be able to practice all the skills covered in the class, but can observe demonstration and their classmates.
Either bring your own or before/during class get 20% off your purchase of the following:
- Yarn: In addition to the homework (see above), please bring additional scrap yarn of your choice.
- Needles: double-pointed needles that match the weight of your scrap yarn, AND needles for knitting flat (either straight or circular are fine).
- Notions: tapestry needle, scissors, and pen & paper to take notes, if desired.
- Pattern: n/a