Churchmouse The Learn-To-Crochet Companion
The Learn-To-Crochet Companion is a 16-page booklet that uses more than 150 instructional photos that will turn you into an accomplished crocheter. Just follow the steps! With The Companion by your side, you can even begin one of the First Projects patterns in the Churchmouse Classroom collection.
PHOTO TUTORIALS IN THIS GUIDE:
- Choosing and preparing your yarn
- Getting started: slip knots and how to hold your hook and yarn
- Making a chain
- How to perform a variety of crochet stitches: Single, double, half double, treble, and slip stitch
- Keeping your edges straight
- Working in rounds
- Increasing and decreasing
- Finishing and blocking
- Swatching for gauge and fabric
To get started, grab The Companion and a hook above, and choose a light-colored, mostly-solid shade (to make it easier to see your stitches) of Malabrigo Worsted, a super-soft merino wool yarn that's easy to use. You're on your way!