With Love Hats Kit Description
Skip the chocolates and flowers - make a set of coordinating hats for yourself and your sweetie for Valentine's Day! Cuddle up and prepare for cuteness.
Select two colors - you'll use each color as the main color in one hat and the contrast color in the other hat. The result is not two identical hats - instead you'll have coordinating hats as shown. <3
This project is perfect for those trying stranded (Fair Isle) colorwork for the first time. The stitch pattern is straightforward, the floats aren't too long, and Malabrigo Rios is soft, smooth, and easy to work.
KIT CONTAINS MATERIALS FOR 2 HATS
- YARN: 2 skeins Malabrigo Rios (1 skein in each of your selected colors; not wound unless requested)
- A printed hardcopy of the With Love hat pattern (color, double-sided and formatted as a brochure)
With Love hat pattern pdf download via Ravelry. (Please enter your Ravelry name above if you have one; otherwise we'll send it to your email address. This isn't automatic - it will be sent when your order is processed by a real live human.)
- PACKAGING: packaged in a cute cellophane bag
YOU'LL ALSO NEED
- NEEDLES: US #8/5mm (or size to get gauge) 16” circular AND double points AND one size smaller 16" circular for ribbed brim
- NOTIONS: stitch marker, tapestry needle
- GAUGE: 20 sts = 4” in stockinette stitch on larger needles
- SKILL LEVEL: Advanced beginner (knitting in the round, fair isle)
- SIZE/FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: Adult small/medium (large): 20” (22”) circumference
Want different colors or yarn?
Make your own With Love hats using any worsted weight yarn and a copy of the With Love hat pattern. Each hat uses 125 yards of the main color and 25 yards of the contrast color. We have lots of colors of Malabrigo Rios in stock! Hats are shown here in Berroco Vintage Worsted, colorways 5123 Blush and 5134 Sour Cherry.
Why'd we change to Rios for the pre-packaged kits this year? Well, we saw some gorgeous With Love hats in Malabrigo in previous years and figured we'd mix it up. :)
Like all Malabrigo yarns, Rios is kettle-dyed in small batches by artisan dyers and is full of subtle variation and beauty. Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins vary from bag to bag. Particularly for variegated colors, skeins will vary from one to the next even within the same bag and will vary, sometimes substantially, from what is pictured. Twisted staff will do our best to fill your order with skeins from the same dye lot that visually match. To ensure random color distribution, work from two balls of yarn at once, alternating a few rows from each ball. While colors shown are accurate to the best of our ability, computer monitors and dye lots both vary so the skeins you receive may differ from what is shown.