Twisted The Moon & Other Satellites Kits - RCYC 2019
Grab and get to knitting with this kit of Twisted's 2019 Rose City Yarn Crawl featured knit pattern - The Moon & Other Satellites designed by Larissa Brown.
With its stunning reservoirs, wooded paths, and lofty views, Mt. Tabor has long been a source of peace, inspiration, mystery and raw beauty to Portlanders. This design is inspired by watery reflections of the moon, stars and other lights that pass over in the night. Its expanding rings are like ripples in otherwise still water. Instructions are for a large, 4-color shawl, with suggestions for adapting a smaller 2-color variation.
image © Rose City Yarn Crawl
- 1 full-color, double-sided, printed copy the Moon & Other Satellites knitting pattern by Larissa Brown
- Large Shawl: 4 skeins of either Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight or Socks That Rock Lightweight (your choice)
- Small Shawl: 2 skeins of either Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight or Socks That Rock Lightweight (your choice)
- Packaged in a cute Twisted logo drawstring cotton project bag - while supplies last! Your kit will be packaged in a clear plastic box if we run out of cotton logo bags. :)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- knitting needles - 32" or longer circular in size US #4/3.5 mm for Featherlight or US #5/3.75 mm for Socks That Rock Lightweight
- darning needle
- 11 stitch markers
- optional: blocking supplies
PICK YOUR YARN
Kits are available in either Socks That Rock Lightweight or Featherlight. Both are fingering weight, though STR-L is a heavy fingering weight yarn and Featherlight is a lighter fingering weight yarn.
PICK YOUR COLOR
There are 3 color options for this kit. Each option is designed to highlight the special colorways dyed exclusively for Twisted by Blue Moon Fiber Arts to celebrate the 2019 Rose City Yarn Crawl. The kit colors are also inspired by our chosen parks for this year's RCYC theme "A Walk in the Park" - Mt. Tabor for the knitting pattern and Laurelhurst for the crochet pattern. Mt. Tabor is best known for three things - its iconic lampposts (which inspired the color Shed A Little Light), its classic shady blue reservoirs (which inspired one of the kits below), and for being an extinct volcano right in the heart of a major city (which also inspired one of our kits).
- RCYC (shown in pattern) - Colors: A) Shed a Little Light, B) Red Dawn, C) Everyday Grey, D) Deep Unrelenting Grey
- Reservoir - Colors: A) Shed a Little Light, B) Smoke on the Water, C) Phaedra, D) Easy Breezy Beautiful
- Volcano - Colors: A) Red Dawn, B) Shadow, C) Copperline, D) Blood Moon
- RCYC - Colors: A) Shed a Little Light, B) Red Dawn
The Moon & Other Satellites pattern is also available separately on Ravelry for $6.