Itty Bitty Skeinlet Ornaments Kit Description
These micro-mini garments can be knit with just 5 or 6 yards of fingering weight yarn each. They're the perfect way to use up scrap yarn, practice skills, and spread whimsy all at the same time.
- 6 Itty Bitty Skeinlets of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight in assorted colors (colors vary from kit to kit and will not be exactly what is pictured)
- 6 Itty Bitty Ornaments pattern cards (sweater, socks, stocking, mittens, hat, scarf) (pdf also available for free on Ravelry)
- packaged in a wee plastic zip-top bag
YOU'LL ALSO NEED
- US 1/2.25 mm 4"-6" double-pointed needles
- darning needle
- scrap yarn
- optional: Clover XS PomPom Maker, 2 locking stitch markers, wire ornament hooks
About 32 sts = 4”/10 cm. For items this small it’s not worth doing a gauge swatch. The entire item is smaller than a swatch! And each one is made with less yardage than the margin of error buffer in most patterns. If you run out of yarn, don't panic - just go down a needle size and try again. Relax and enjoy the silliness.
Intermediate (i-cord, long-tail cast-on, short rows, Judy’s Magic Cast On, sheer tininess)