Plied Knowledge: The (very busy!) week that was…
At the shop:
- NEW YARN ALERT! Berroco Comfort DK fills out the line for us from dk to chunky in this wonderfully soft and washable base.
- We got in another large box of Blue Q bags this week. Who doesn't need a wipeable shoulder tote with a dash of whimsy right now???
- A shipment came in from one of our new notions distributors including such delightfully useful things like more Eucalan and darning eggs. There has never been a better time to learn to darn socks!
- Among the books we received this week includes the ever-popular Strange Brew from Tin Can Knits. This one is hard to keep in stock so if you have been eyeing it, don't wait!
- The Pom Pom Quarterly Summer 2020 issue is up for pre-order!
Around the web:
- If you have been missing some of your favorite foods thanks to the quarantine, the internet has your back...
- IKEA has released their meatball recipe!
- Now you can make Shake Shack's Cheese Sauce at home...
- Miss restaurant desserts? Here's the recipe for local favorite Paley's Place's most poular, Warm Chocolate Souffle Cakes...
- Hand sanitizer is now a part of most of our daily lives. Make it easy with a refillable, on the go bottle like this one...
- It's Memorial Day Weekend! With social distancing making most traditional bbq's and parties impossible, how about a diy project?
- Puzzles have become insanely popular now that most of us have lots of extra time on our hands. Can't find one you like? Here is a company that will make one from an uploaded photo...
- Worried about your carb habit and what it is doing to your waistline in the quarantine? Good news! The 4 Second Workout is here to help!
- Dhavani is making sure everyone has a mask. For free!
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- It will still be possible to pick your own fruit at local farms!
- The Grand Floral Parade for the Portland Rose Festival has been postponed but if you are missing the floral fun, you can Parade In Place! Get busy this long weekend and make your own display with paper flowers!
- Masks are a new way of life for us all. Here are a few local companies and designers you can support AND get the masks you need!
A new addition! Akara Yarns offers nature-inspired colorways hand-dyed by Rosemarie in Bond Head, Ontario. We're in l...Read More
Even though time has no meaning and every day is a definitionless blur, it's Labor Day weekend, apparently?! So we're...Read More