Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- Our Memorial Day Weekend Clearance Sale is ON NOW with 25% off a range of yarns and 50% off pre-printed Twisted patterns.
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the house! We are delighted this week by new colors of Super Sparkle, Plushy and a restock of Targhee Worsted. And if you happen to be stopping by the store, look for our big jar of the cutest 5 yard skeinlets from Blue Moon!
- A lovely box of Brooklyn Tweed yarn made it to the shop this week filling in some bits and pieces of Loft, Shelter, and Quarry.
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- Have you planted your garden yet? Did you know scientists are working on a spicy tomato?
- It's getting to be clothesline season! Sally Gall is an artist that photographs them from an unusual angle but for a beautiful effect...
- Summer movie season is also here! If you are wondering what's coming now that "Avengers: Endgame" is out, NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour has a summer movie preview podcast just for you. And for the horror movie lovers, here's an article about phone battery life is the new staple...
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- DONUTS! Portland is known for some wonderful local donut places and here are a few we Twistedista's recommend...
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Ah, blocking. Like doing gauge swatches it is often a step that is skipped. (But shouldn't be!) We have tackled the s...Read More
This, friends, is a big one. It is the concept at the very core of the art. The math that makes our sweaters fit (or ...Read More