Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- Our Knit 12 Together January Cast On Party was Monday! It's never too late to join the fun and this month we are working on Tinsel Mitts by Andrea Mowry. It was the perfect excuse to try out Caprino, the newest yarn from Malabrigo, but any DK weight yarn will work. And if you were able to join us and are hungry for more lemon poppyseed cookies, here's the recipe...
- We have been anxiously awaiting a restock of our new favorite project bags and Stasher finally showed up! We are now fully stocked in all sizes and even have a few new colors. (Those stand-up bags continue to blow our minds for handwashing our handknits. HOW DID WE NEVER THINK OF THAT BEFORE?!)
- We have a hard time keeping Malabrigo in stock and this winter is no exception. That why we get so excited when it shows up like it did this week! I have you been waiting for more Rasta, Mecha, Rios, and Worsted? Now is the time to pounce!
- Were you on the fence about one of the new Sheep Parts Mugs and then missed your chance because they sold out? We got a few more in the store this week so get one now!
- As most of you know, Twisted is for sale. If a buyer isn't found, Twisted will transition into an online-only shop with its brick and mortar location closing at the end of March. Though the retail store is closing, Twisted’s story is far from over! We encourage you to read the message from owner Emily here on our website.
Around the web:
- The Golden Globes were last weekend and if you have any passing interest in gown and finery, we highly recommend Tom and Lorenzo's Fabulous and Opinionated blog for all the best insights into what was warn. Full disclosure, it's not always safe for work but if you are not faint of heart, the comments are often better than the posts... Also, spoiler alert, Elton and David win in a landslide. <3
- Continuing on in the land of fashion, the newest adaptation of Little Women written and directed by Greta Gerwig features some stunning costumes. Vanity Fair has a recent article discussing all of the details the costume designer used to make each character unique.
- Now that the holidays are over, are you trying to eat more healthy meals? Even thinking of going vegan for a month? We like both Vegan Richa and Minimalist Baker if you are ready to try a more plant-based lifestyle.
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- It is even more the season for hot chocolate than usual in Portland and we have many wonderful places to indulge!
- If you are into folk music, the Portland Folk Festival is this weekend...
- Looking to unleash your inner Thurston Howell III? The Portland Boat Show is exactly what you need...
- If you are a Tolkein fan you are already aware that his birthday is this weekend. But are you aware that the McMenamins Kennedy School has an all-day celebration?
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Hedgehog Fibres Twist Sock is a 2-ply, 80/20 mix of BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) wool and nylon. Plush with extra-vibra...Read More
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the shop: New Yarn Alert!!! We can't tell you how much we are swooning over t...Read More