Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- Black Cat Fibers restock and new colors! We received a big box of joy from the midwest containing both of the bases we carry from them, and we can't wait to share the love.
- MORE Malabrigo is in! Including several Malabrigo books! If you are looking to make the Morton Cowl, now is the perfect time to look for colors, because we have a full supply of both Mecha and Mechita! Not quite the cowl pattern you are looking for? Perhaps you'd like Ingrid's Cowl by Twistedista Anna - we also got in a bunch of gorgeous Arroyo, which is perfect for that cowl. Or if you want a quicker cowl to knit, we also love the Tofino Cowl in Rasta...
- Needles, needles, needles... The boxes for the Hiya Hiya needle orders are always deceptively small but the results are stocked-full drawers with nearly every size and length you can dream of!
- We have been anxiously awaiting a restock of Blue Moon and are so thrilled that BOTH Silky Victoria and Plushy showed up this week! Have you seen the Just A Phase scarf pattern for Plushy? If you like color pooling, you have to take a look.... Plushy is also the yarn for our February k12tog knitalong pattern!
- Berroco was not to be left out of all the re-stocking fun, including some rich colors of Macro...
- Rose City Yarn Crawl swag sales ended via the RCYC itself. That means we're now pre-selling our own very limited supply of RCYC 2019 Tote Bags and Enamel Pins for pick up or shipping on the first day of the Rose City Yarn Crawl, March 7, 2019.
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- Ah, cold and flu season is upon us and this year it seems to be hitting particularly hard. This week in the round up we are focusing on healing remedies and self-care! Let's start things off right with the new study about chocolate being a cure for the cough...
- And if you are sick of chicken noodle soup- or vegetarian- here is a Healing Rice Soup recipe for your slow cooker...
- Hot water bottles can be a life saver when one is feeling poor, but they definitely need a cover! Here is a knit and a crochet version - and even a Merman one for inspiration or those too sick to pick up fiber- to help the healing process...
- For Twistedista Dawn, hot Russian tea was a staple in the midwest and especially delightful when one was not feeling well.
- And finally, if you are too sick to do anything, we give you Dogs Catching Treats.
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- TNNA is this weekend! Welcome to everyone attending and we hope you have a great time!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Knitting and crochet are wonderful, of course, and we believe in the slow, meditative process of crafting. But someti...Read More
Snag something bright and juicy that keeps you intrigued with every stitch! Knitted Wit Victory Sock Petrified Fore...Read More