Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- This week we received a restock of Twine. in both Sock and Bulky! Such lovely colors and just in time for fall projects...
- Laine Issue 9 goes live today! Along with a giant pile of the new issue, we also restocked our library of back issues - now is your chance to own them all. Laine is saying this may be the final issue, so don't miss out.
- By Hand No. 10 is also for sale today! This issue focuses on Montana and has lots of beautiful patterns and ideas around Big Sky Country.
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- Recently at Twisted, our staff chose to add pronoun ribbons to our nametags as part of our ongoing efforts to be more welcoming, supportive, and inclusive. (Read more about pronoun ribbons here.) We were thrilled to see two encouraging articles in the news recently about increased usage of nonbinary pronouns:
- First, Merriam Webster just added the nonbinary pronoun "They" to the dictionary.
- Second, a look at what happens to a culture when gender-neutral pronouns are introduced. In this instance it was Sweden in 2012 and, spoiler alert, it's being used and accepted!
- In the vein of progress, here's an article reminding us of 9 things women couldn't legally do in 1971 in America...
- NPR reported on even MORE progress - a note from a 6 year old girl to a toy company means we get the chance to buy Plastic Green Army Women this winter!
- And finally, just because, we thought someone might need to see this video of a millepede walking to the tune of Aerosmith.
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- So much to do this weekend! We start with the Climate Strike Events happening around Portland on Friday.
- If German beer, food, and music are your thing, it's Oktoberfest season and you have choices!
- Oktoberfest at Oaks Park offers the addition of rides to your fall festivities.
- Also, local favorite McMenamins is having a slate of Oktoberfest celebrations and locations this weekend.
- Tired of Oktoberfest? The Polish Festival is also happening for a change of pace.
- It's Sunday Parkways for Northeast Portland this weekend!
- The local non-profit Free Geek is having its Geek Prom this Saturday night... oh yes. We love Free Geek - and their mission to foster digital equity through environmental sustainability. Check them out!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Lately at Twisted has been all about our local Pacific Northwest hand-dyed yarns, with shipments from Portland's Knit...Read More
Plied Knowledge: The week that was… At the shop: Knitted Wit arrived this week! It has been a while since we have go...Read More