Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- NEW YARN!!! Oh, we love this so much! We are thrilled to be carrying Fully Spun Yarn in both fingering and aran weights. Looking for something for all of those wonderful Andrea Mowry patterns? START HERE!
- We now carry Knitter's Pride Cubics in some styles - they may be helpful if you have arthritis or other pain in your hands. We also added Knitter's Pride Karbonz DPNs to keep their circular friends company.
- Macrame! Oh, it's on, friends. Twistedista Emily is all about the macrame look for plant hangers, so we've stocked some books, kits, and rope to get you started this summer. Are you a macrame teacher? Let us know!
- Notions. So important and so overlooked! We have been looking into revamping the notions that we carry and have gotten in some lovely new things this week including: lotion bars, new stitch markers, and sock blockers (still need photos of those to get them up online). Come in and take a look!
- Speaking of notions, but a little different, by popular demand we now have two kinds of gift tags for giving your hand made gift to its lucky recipient. They're stinkin' cuuuuuute.
- We decided it was time for a bead refresh at the store. To that end, we have clearanced much of the old and just got in some new! Been thinking of a project with beads? NOW IS THE TIME!!! We're still working on getting pictures of all the new colors online, so stop in IRL to take a look or send speedy photo vibes to our talented photography mistress Marissa. ;)
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- We have managed to find all sorts or delightfully strange fiber arts things online this week and we are passing them along for your enjoyment as well...
- First up, from Twistedista Cardner is this absolutely wonderful crochet designer, Phil Ferguson, that we should all be following on Instagram...
- Next is something called Threadstories which is a series of masks produced by a visual artist...
- And from across the pond, there is now a life-sized, knitted Queen Elizabeth in her coronation finery because of course there is! Our favorite part is that the crown and cape are separate elements that can be removed for a before and after effect...
- Looking for a bread to make and share for summer picnics? Twistedista Dawn has made this wonderful Chocolate Cinnamon Bread for past Knit 12 Together Cast On parties here at the store but somehow the recipe never went public so we are righting that wrong today! PS, it makes 2 loaves and freezes like a dream...
- On the subject of food, Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel spice mix is a delight on, well, everything! Ever wonder where everything bagels come from?
- And finally from the whimsical side of the culinary world, we give you cats photoshopped in food...
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- So many events, so little time! First up, there an Antique and Collectible Show at the Portland Expo Center
- Next is for those feeling international but not actually wanting to leave the city, Portland has a Bastille Day Celebration happening on Saturday at Jamison Square Park.
- Finally, if you are dying to get out of town but not too far, there is the Hood River Cherry Celebration.
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
This summer we took a pandemic pandemonium break from our normally-monthly knitalong series, Knit 12 Together. But no...Read More
A brand new collection from Malabrigo is here! The Rasta Pintada collection is bright, fun, and so speckled. (Pssssst...Read More