Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- NEW! YARN! We are very proud to be carrying Traveling Yarn in the store! It's a lovely hand dyed sport weight yarn in a blend of super wash merino and nylon. If you can't make it in to the store to enjoy the gorgeous colors in person, check it out on our website!
- Wrist rulers! In GRAY! Yup, not only did we get a massive restock but also a new color! Go measure ALL THE THINGS...
- It is a universal truth that you never seem to have enough row counters. And now you have one more style to choose from! We just got in some lovely ring row counters from Knitter's Pride. With 4 sizes to choose from, one will definitely work for you...
- This year we are also proudly supporting Knitted Wit's HerStory monthly sock club. This month's colors include her Victory Fingering in Bloody Mary and Victory Sock in Goddess.
- Books and magazines also continue to arrive in the shop for you pattern inspiration! Interweave's Crochet Magazine hit our shelves this week as well as more copies of Knit:first stitch/first scarf from Quince & Co. and A Sense of Place from Andrea Mowry and Anna Brones...
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- Everyone is talking about the new series from Marie Kondo on cleaning and simplifying. Love it or hate it seems to be the time year get rid of what you don't need and spruce up what brings you joy...
- And if you get really good at tidying up, perhaps you can enter the book sorting contest amongst librarians!
- If the weather is making it hard to motivate yourself to get out and see friends, here's an idea for hosting an easy soup night.
- And if even that's more than you want right now, stay in and have Tea with the Dames instead!
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- There is a place you can take your beloved and sadly torn jeans to get repaired. No patches here, Indigo Proof owner Rain Delisle darns them faithfully creating new fabric. Everything old is new again!
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
This, friends, is a big one. It is the concept at the very core of the art. The math that makes our sweaters fit (or ...Read More
We just got a big order of Malabrigo, y'all! And we figured, hey, since we're not going to have a big wild BBQ to cel...Read More