Plied Knowledge: The week that was…
At the store:
- Ah, Spring Break... That makes it the perfect time to turn the spotlight to some of the fabulous new samples that have recently been added to the shop! Stop in to see them all...
- The Bubble Up Hat from Jenn Gauer in Malabrigo Rasta
- The Sarandi Hat from the Malabrigo Book Fifteen: Time for Hats in Malabrigo Mecha
- And Beatrice - a shawl in luscious Quince & Co. Crane
- We were delighted to get a new box of Blue Q bags! If you need to add some whimsy to your knitting bags, this is definitely the place to look...
- Needles, needles and more needles... We are stocked up! If we don't have the Hiya Hiya needle you are needing for your next project, it will be a miracle!
- And don't forget to keep an eye on our classes - we update them regularly!
Around the web:
- If you are an America's Test Kitchen fan, you should definitely check out their new series "What's Eating Dan"!
- Got the bug to live life in a more simple manner or just hate packaging? Did you know you could use bar soap to clean dishes? If that intrigues you, dive deeper in the Instagram world of Simply Living Well for even more interesting ideas...
- For the font fans out there, we give you not only some amazing paper typographic creations but also a kinetic alphabet to geek out on!
- And finally, if you are looking for a new podcast to try and really love comedy, check out Good One: A Podcast About Jokes.
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
- Got some extra time at the end of Spring Break for some local shopping? Let Emmy-Winning Costume Designer Amanda Needham who dressed Fred and Carrie on Portlandia give you some suggestions...
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!
Ah, blocking. Like doing gauge swatches it is often a step that is skipped. (But shouldn't be!) We have tackled the s...Read More
This, friends, is a big one. It is the concept at the very core of the art. The math that makes our sweaters fit (or ...Read More