Each year for the Rose City Yarn Crawl, every participating shop presents one featured knit and, optionally, one featured crochet pattern that will be free with purchase during the crawl. This year, we are thrilled to offer a pattern by local designer Larissa Brown, knit in yarn by Blue Moon Fiber Arts!
With its stunning reservoirs, wooded paths, and lofty views, Mt. Tabor has long been a source of peace, inspiration, mystery and raw beauty to Portlanders. This design is inspired by watery reflections of the moon, stars and other lights that pass over in the night. Its expanding rings are like ripples in otherwise still water. Instructions are for a large, 4-color shawl, with suggestions for adapting a smaller 2-color variation.
Grab and get to knitting with this kit of Twisted's 2019 Rose City Yarn Crawl featured knit pattern - The Moon & Other Satellites designed by Larissa Brown.
- 1 Ravelry download code for an electronic copy the Moon & Other Satellites knitting pattern (regularly $6 - free during the Rose City Yarn Crawl March 7-10, 2019)
- 4 skeins of either Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight or Socks That Rock Lightweight (your choice) (regularly $28 each - 10% off during the Rose City Yarn Crawl March 7-10, 2019)
- 1 Larissa Brown yarn ball moon enamel pin in coordinating color (regularly $12 each - free with purchase of kit - while supplies last)
- packaged in a Twisted logo drawstring cotton project bag (while supplies last)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- knitting needles - 32" or longer circular in size US #4/3.5 mm for Featherlight or US #5/3.75 mm for Socks That Rock Lightweight
- darning needle
- 11 stitch markers
- optional: blocking supplies
PICK YOUR COLOR
There are 3 color options for this kit. Each option is designed to highlight the special colorways dyed exclusively for Twisted by Blue Moon Fiber Arts to celebrate the 2019 Rose City Yarn Crawl. The kit colors are also inspired by our chosen parks for this year's RCYC theme "A Walk in the Park" - Mt. Tabor for the knitting pattern and Laurelhurst for the crochet pattern.
Mt. Tabor is best known for three things - its iconic lampposts (which inspired the color Shed A Little Light), its classic shady blue reservoirs (which inspired one of the kits below), and for being an extinct volcano right in the heart of a major city (which also inspired one of our kits).
- RCYC (shown in pattern) - Colors: A) Shed a Little Light, B) Red Dawn, C) Everyday Grey, D) Deep Unrelenting Grey
- Reservoir - Colors: A) Shed a Little Light, B) Smoke on the Water, C) Phaedra, D) Easy Breezy Beautiful
- Volcano - Colors: A) Red Dawn, B) Shadow, C) Copperline, D) Blood Moon
Want to create your own color combo? Check out all of our colors of Socks That Rock Lightweight and Featherlight! Those yarns in any color are 10% off during the Rose City Yarn Crawl - March 7-10, 2019.
The Moon & Other Satellites pattern is also available separately on Ravelry for $6.