Woah. Take a deep breath, everyone, because the Sock Summit officially begins tomorrow. The first classes begin, the Marketplace is open for students (we are in booth 812, so if you are taking classes, please stop on by and say HEY!), and, most importantly, by tomorrow, most of the knitters will have landed in our fair city. We are insanely, peeing-our-pants excited about this Sock Summit thing. I am writing this post the Sunday before, thinking about all of the wonderful stacks of boxes in Twisted’s back room, just waiting for the Summit. Thinking about the excitement of the week ahead, about the sheer number of knitters that are even now packing and repacking their knitting, wondering, do I really NEED a change of clothes? Can’t I just make more room for the yarn that will inevitably follow me home? How many projects do I realistically need for the weekend? Heehee. We’ve been thinking about people coming to this wonderful city we are so happy to live in for one reason only: the knitted sock.
We hope everyone has a fantastic time at Sock Summit, make new friends, learns a thing or two (whether or not classes are taken), and goes home with some special yarns as souvenirs.
Just as a reminder, our booth is 812, so stop on by! We will be offering a 5% discount at our Sock Summit booth for paying in cash. Why give that money to the meanie-bo-beanie-pants credit card companies? Put it toward extra yarn!
* Black Trillium Fibre Studios hand-dyed yarn
* Button Adoration ceramic buttons
* Impala Designs hand-made stitch markers
* Lantern Moon baskets, tape measures, and small silk project bags
* Lantern Moon Sox Sticks
* Star Athena sock patterns
* Twisted patterns, Twisted bags, tshirts, and hoodies
Non-Local, but super exciting stuff:
* Alpaca with a Twist Socrates yarn
* Addi Turbo and Lace circular needles
* Dream in Color Smooshy, including 5 one-of-a-kind, unique-to-us, brand-new-technique colorways
* Hiya Hiya Bamboo and Steel DPNs and Circulars
* Indigo Moon hand-dyed sock yarn
* Jojoland Melody Superwash
* Kitchener Dog Tags
* Knitter’s Graph Paper
* Louet Gems fingering and sport weight yarn
* Malabrigo Sock
* Random notions, such as Chibis, row counters, gauges, stitch markers
* Soak woolwash
* Sock Blockers, hand-crafted in Eureka, Montana
* Zauberball and Crazy Zauberball sock yarn
Is that everything? We think so…today is the day we are making our lists, checking them twice, and setting up for the greatest show on earth!