Each year for the Rose City Yarn Crawl, every participating shop presents one featured knit and, optionally, one featured crochet pattern that will be free with purchase during the crawl. This year, we are thrilled to offer a pattern by Oregon designer Malaika Gabriel, knit in yarn by Blue Moon Fiber Arts!
Laurelhurst Park in SE Portland was designed in 1912 by Emanuel Mische, longtime horticultural expert for the famous landscape architects the Olmsted Brothers. It features a pond, walking paths and, according to a 2010 survey, nearly 1000 trees from 115 species. Among them are five rare deciduous Dawn Redwoods. Long thought extinct and reintroduced to North America in the 1940s, these examples of Oregon’s State Fossil are now alive and well in Laurelhurst, dropping their thin golden leaves each autumn.
Blue Moon Fiber Arts created two exclusive colorways for Twisted to celebrate the 2019 Rose City Yarn Crawl. They are inspired by our chosen parks for this year's RCYC theme "A Walk in the Park" - Mt. Tabor for the knitting pattern and Laurelhurst for the crochet pattern. Laurelhurst is home to several rare deciduous Dawn Redwoods, which drop gorgeous rust-colored needles every autumn.
Ready to cast on? Grab an Old Growth Kit!
- 1 Ravelry download code for an electronic copy the Old Growth crochet pattern (regularly $6 - free during the Rose City Yarn Crawl March 7-10, 2019)
- 2 skeins of either Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight or Socks That Rock Lightweight (your choice) (regularly $28 each - 10% off during the Rose City Yarn Crawl March 7-10, 2019)
- packaged in a Twisted logo drawstring cotton project bag (while supplies last)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- crochet hook - US Size D (3.25mm), or size needed to match gauge
- darning needle
- optional: blocking supplies
Want to create your own color combo? Check out all of our colors of Socks That Rock Lightweight and Featherlight! Those yarns in any color are 10% off during the Rose City Yarn Crawl - March 7-10, 2019.
The Old Growth pattern is also available separately on Ravelry for $6.