6. in the next month, keep your eyes peeled for more great indie sock yarns to arrive at twisted. we have placed orders with three exciting women, and expect to continue to add to our sock-yarn stash. we have also ordered more of our regulars: yarntini, zen string, dream in color, and woolarina, so check back frequently.
7. more alpaca with a twist just arrived. we’ve expanded our selection of fino, their lovely lace-weight alpaca-silk blend, and have even more colors on backorder. some industrious and talented twisted customers are using this soft, gorgeous laceweight for the mystery stole, and one is using it for the ever-lovely shetland triangle shawl from interweave’s wrap style (one of my favorite triangular shawl patterns). we also have some bulky-weight alpaca, and a fabulous, limited-availability alpaca-silk worsted-weight barberpole-y yarn, great for a soft, lovely, simple scarf or hat. emily is working on a neck-cowl out of the landscapes, which i am sure we will be fighting over come the winter months. it’s so soft and lofty and warm.
8. twisted has enough kureyon to make a killer lizard ridge. thanks to alexa, who has inspired us to begin a lizard ridge afghan to keep twisted warm in the winter months.
9. we just received some fantastic new books, including yarnplay by lisa shobhana mason, fitted knits by stefanie japel, and domiKNITrix by jennifer stafford. these three are all written by bloggers who have crossed over from the electronic to the paper worlds.
10. we now have gift certificates. come on in and grab one for your favorite crafty lady or gent.