Friday! All day, once a week…
At the store:
- It was a busy week at the store with events, classes, and YARN! NEW yarn, no less! We wheedled the Quince and Co. wall to make room for Whimbrel, a lovely worsted weight 100% cotton in Quince's beautiful soft palette. You can browse our current stock online then give us a call or email to order.
- Local favorite Knitted Wit's phenomenally indulgent mohair Fairy Floss is up in the shop and coming soon to the website as soon as our photography elf can make time in the hectic holiday schedule at the shop.
- Next, we received a big box of Gleeners. If you are looking for the de-pilling tool of your dreams, look no further! This is a great gift for any knitter - where we go fluff is sure to follow.
- Monday was our December Knit 12 Together Cast On Party! We had the fabulous Cabin Rose Cowl designer, Meaghan Schmaltz. in house along with the always wonderful Tina from Blue Moon! This time you missed not only brown sugar shortbread cookies but also a giveaway from Tina of 2 gorgeous skeins of Plushy in one-of-a-kind colors. Are you making the cowl? Tag us on social media so we can see your progress! #k12tog and #twistedyarnshop
- The Rose City Yarn Crawl 2019 MKAL and MCAL pre-clues are out! You've got about 6 weeks to pick your yarn. Fingering weight is the name of the game and we are recommending Hazel Knits Entice and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Featherlight...
- Speaking of knitters' never ending battle against skulking yarn fluff, our faithful shop robot vacuum Edna Garrett got a well-deserved new battery and is back in peak condition.
- We're planning our big holiday party - please join us next Friday from 5-8pm for live music, tasty treats, door prizes, and more!
Around the web:
- Tis the season for gift guides! We have done the legwork for you and found what we think are the best of the best. Up first, of course, is our own! For every knitter in your life...
- Now for the harder to big for people in your life. Mother-in-laws, Teens, and Tweens we are looking at you...
- Secret Santa time is NOW. Here are guides for gifts under $15 for both adults and kids.
- Need a hostess gift for a holiday party or in to homemade gifts for co-workers and friends? Here is a list of gifts to make that take only a weekend!
- Gifts for the foodie in your life who loves all things kitchen related...
- Encourage young minds with items from the Engineering Gift Guide!
- And in the spirit of giving, for many who feel they don't want more "things", consider charitable giving in their honor. So many great possibilities exist and if you don't know where to start, start with Charity Navigator or GiveWell. Personally, Twistedista Dawn loves Heifer International because who doesn't love giving baby chicks?!?!?! Many years ago Twistedista Emily unexpectedly gave her beloved and hard-to-shop-for Grandpa Ed half a water buffalo for Christmas - the family still talks about it. (Pssst - they even have a Knitter's Basket where you can give Alpaca!)
And totally, completely, unapologetically local:
Have a great weekend and remember, you can always find us online!