Cascade Spindle Company
Twisted, as part of our slow descent into spinning, is now carrying Cascade Spindle Company drop spindles, wristaffs, niddy noddy, and nostepines!
These puppies are going like hotcakes, so we’re selling out fast. When the links don’t work that just means we’re temporarily sold out of that style… If you’d like us to let you know when we get more of a certain style in, please just give us a call at 503.922.1150 or email us at email@example.com.
Cascade Mountain Spindles products are among the finest spinning tools available. Each one is unique and custom-made in Kent, WA (coincidentally also home to Skacel and my bf). The drop spindles come in several different models, each one named after a peak in the Cascades. What a great souvenir of the Northwest.
A great, well-balanced beginner’s spindle made of madrona/cherry; not too light, not too heavy. Weight approximately 1-1/2 oz.
Whorl shaped just like the crater! Beautiful, unusual black-line spalt and fiddleback maple woods with a walnut shaft. Weight approximately 7/8 oz. to 1 1/8 oz. A one-of-a-kind collector?s spindle, which spins forever!
Their “signature” spindle! Rim-weighted with whorl shaped like Mt. Rainier. We have used a beautiful Rainier Flame wood with a walnut shaft. Weight ranges from 7/8 oz. to 1-3/8 oz.
Enjoy the pleasant warmth of the sun atop Baker! A unique, laminated beauty of yellowheart and walnut woods. Rim-weighted ranging from 1 oz. to 1-3/8 oz. A fast, long spinner too!
Catch the beauty of autumn with our laminate peak! Beautiful mirror-like paduk/cherry whorl with birch shaft. Another rim-weighted spindle ranging from 1 oz. to 1-3/8 oz. Spins effortlessly and fast!
A petite, lightweight spindle for you to spin cashmere, alpaca, silk or other fine fibers of your choice. Made of zebrawood; weight approximately .5 oz. and under.
Tiger’s “twin”. A petite, lightweight spindle for fine fiber spinning. Rim-weighted with a high speed spin. Made of pomelle bubinga; weight approximately.5 oz. and under.
Small, lightweight (approximately 3/8 oz. to ¾ oz.) with an ability to spin medium to very fine fibers. Rim weighted for a long spin time. Long shaft on which to spin lots of fiber! Made of poplar balsam with a walnut shaft.
This is the spindle you’ve been awaiting to spin designer yarns and also the ultimate plying spindle. Engineered for an easily-controlled, fast, long and consistent spin. Maple, rim-weighted, long shaft, weight under 1-7/8 oz.
A collectible must-have spindle! Iridescent koa, beads and “bling”! Shape resembles the Space Needle and is also named after a peak in the Cascades. Rim-weighted, approximately 7/8 – 1.5 oz.
- The woods used in these spindles are special – Rainier Flame, fiddle back, black line spalt, honey locust, sumac, cascara, to name a few.
- Two of the spindles’ whorls are shaped like the peaks they represent, namely the Rainier and St. Helens spindles.
- Shafts are all hand-turned, “trued”, tapered and some with unique finials.
- Each spindle is rim-weighted for an incredibly long spin.
- Laminates are made very differently from other manufacturers.
- Every spindle has a notch.
- Hooks are strong stainless steel.
- Each spindle is engraved with the CMS logo.
- Each spindle comes with a card describing the mountain peak that it represents.
- And…Cascade Spindles are collectible!