Skacel is debuting a super exciting promotion in January, 2011. It’s called the “Twenty Years of Zitron Trekking Knit Along and Contest.” The Knit Along, hosted by Michelle Hunter of Knit Purl Hunter, will begin in January of 2011 and run six months, concluding July 15th. Every month a new one skein project will be featured, that introduces knitters to a different technique. Instructions for the project will be posted in increments on a weekly basis, along with educational “how-to” video clips. Each week a little bit more will be revealed! For those participating, there will be weekly and monthly prizes awarded, culminating in July with the grand-prize. The winner will receive a weekend get-away for two to Seattle including a trip to skacel and a $1,000 shopping spree for yarns and needles in their warehouse! Are you kidding me? What a fantastic prize!!!
We’re excited to announce that we are a part of the KnitALong! The yarn for January, an insanely lovely and bright teal Trekking XXL, has arrived here, and we have a limited number of skeins available, so if you’d like to be a part of this exciting KAL and contest, get on it!!!
Knit Along Overview:
* Each month will feature a one skein project.
* Each project will feature one specific color of Zitron Trekking.
° To qualify for the contest, the contestant must knit with a Zitron Trekking. yarn.
° Additional chances to win prizes will be given to those who knit the project in the featured color from the Supply List.
* Instructions for the projects will be posted on the Knit Purl Hunter website.
* Instructions for each month will be posted in four segments, with each segment revealing the next step.
° The first segment of each month will be posted on the 1st of the month.
° The second, third and fourth segments will be posted on the 8th, 15th and 22nd of that month respectively.
* Each project will feature a different technique.
° Video Clips on these techniques will be posted on the Knit Purl Hunter website.
* Once posted, all instructions will remain on the website through July 15th, 2011.
* A forum for questions and comments can be found on the Knit Purl Hunter website.
* Click here for the Schedule and Supply List.
* The Grand Prize: One lucky knitter will receive an all-expense paid weekend getaway for two to Seattle, Washington and the skacel warehouse, where they will be given one $1,000 shopping spree in yarn and needles of their choice.
° Included is: roundtrip coach airfare for two to Seattle from any major city in North America, hotel accommodations (one double room), all transportation and meals.
° Travel must be completed by November 1st, 2011.
° Date of trip will be mutually determined by skacel collection, Inc. and winner.
* The Not-So-Grand but none-the-less Great Prize: There will be five contestants who will receive a year’s worth of Zitron Trekking!
° They will be sent one skein of Zitron Trekking per month beginning on August 1st 2011 and ending July 1st, 2012.
° Colors will be chosen by skacel collection, Inc.
* Monthly Prizes: There will be at least 7 winners each month!
° One contestant will win a set of addi Clicks of their choice: addi Lace, addi Turbo®, addi Natura or addi Crochet.
° Two contestants will win a stuffed skacel promo bag. Goodies inside will vary from month to month.
° A minimum of four random prizes will be awarded to those who frequent the skacel and Knit Purl Hunter websites.