Kids in 3rd-6th grade are invited to join a new community knitting group! Meet after-school, 3:30-4:30, at Twisted with snack, friends, and your own mentor to learn knitting basics (and some tricks!). The group is FREE, meets weekly for six weeks, and all supplies will be provided.
Parents and teachers, there are loads of benefits for knitting kids–boys & girls!
– improved confidence and self-esteem
– positive communication skills & problem-solving ability
– creative inspiration and a sense of fun in making things by hand
– better concentration and memory skills
– connection to the broader community
– sense of accomplishment
– more patience
Contact program coordinator MereAnn Reid, (971) 533-0228, NeedleArtsGroup@gmail.com. MereAnn is a knitter, mama, therapist, and Twisted regular.